Friday, January 18, 2013

immutible

there is some immutable truth in life - the immutible truth that the past remains constant. there is no undoing - no alternate path to how we got to where we are today. perhaps this realization, secured within my mind..has encouraged me to be present 'now'.

the greatest gift i have found in life is the overcoming. i sit as i write and consider - the vastness of space that divides my present mode and the motion of my past. when i begin to quantify my greatest awakening..i consider the unfolding of all i am. it would have began almost five years ago. i have overcome, i have struggled, i have mulled and conquered battles uniimaginable & though all these experiences have brought me to extreme lows and beautiful highs- i am grateful for where it has taken me.

we have moved ten times during this period, two by choice and eight times by circumstance. i never imagined that i would find myself, with the joy of my life..to overcome and shift while trying to maintain balance. through all the upheaval i have sought dearly to find a balance and endless continuum of love and peace within our life. we have overcome being with an abusive man, i have outgrown many youthful insecurities, we have left things behind -- tucked a few suitcases in an old beaten car, we have traveled thousands of miles; and all along the way met milestones of growth, planted roots, made connections and found a way to smile.

i never imagined at the age of 22, that i would overcome tragedy, fear death, write a living will, watch my baby take her first steps alone, become a single mother, lose family & regain a few, conquer fears, make homes across the west, learn to simplify and all at once grow into my own womanly mind and body.

the moments when i thought my spirit would be crushed, i found it soaring at great heights. the most extreme downfalls became the momentum i needed to keep running. here i am - emboldened, learning with an open heart. the life i have now, is the only life i want. i need no promise - only this moment to be content. here i am - five years into being a single mother, I'm proud to say - we are making it... never have i been more satisfied.

b.rohe

No comments:

Post a Comment