Thursday, June 27, 2013

skirt

its been to long,
since i have written
- spilled my fears
all over the floor
-spilled my worries
my cares, and the small
joys that come sweeping
into my life -

i need to write,
to share the glory
of parenting -
to shed light onto
the things i do.

she came to me one day
"can boys wear skirts mama"
-  i paused, collecting
my thoughts and then,
 - " yes, darling they can -
just like you can wear pants. the
clothing you wear doesnt define
if your a girl or a boy"

a few weeks later,
after hearing alot about this little
boy elliot - her best friend.
I met him - and as he looked up
at me, my heart raced..
" hi izzies mom, do you like my skirt?"
- " yes, i do," i respond

how proud am i, of this little children
this souls - willing to just discover the world
they seek, they learn to no bounds
no perverse fear of what others think,
nor are they limited to the barriers of a warped
society - thank  heavens for brilliant little minds

No comments:

Post a Comment