Wednesday, August 17, 2011

good morning love

"good morning/good morning looove" - john legend ,runs through my brain. my neck feel stiff, my eyes still a bit pasty feeling..i clamber out of bed, the sun has not yet risen, the whole house is silent, i'm the only one awake - not even the birds feel like warming their throats in tune. i feel alive, just enough to get the day going -eggs in a pan- work clothes damply spinning in the dryer, thun thung thunk--- a fresh wash of the face, clambering into cutoffs and t-shirt, lunches packed, backs packed, diaper changed -- "mommy wanna hold you".."my dancey shooeess" pink ballet flats and a mussed raven haired beauty clinging to my arm, slipping into the car - john mayor croons as her eyes slip into sleep once more- morning, morning, morning just beginning - brush the cobwebs off a weary heart - love love in size 2t, waiting until my work day ends, just to start the tried and true commitment - motherhood


-b.rohe

No comments:

Post a Comment